* No follow-up for Debian GNU/Linux ?
@ 2005-04-20 20:51 Gilles
From: Gilles @ 2005-04-20 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I sent a bug report about the "runit" package for
Debian.  It has been quite some time now, without
a follow-up for what seems, at first sight, a minor
correction to the installation script.

I'm also surprised that runit's version is now above
1.2, while 1.0.5 is still the only available option
for Debian.

Has the Debian package become unsupported?

Best regards,
Gilles

* Re: No follow-up for Debian GNU/Linux ?
@ 2005-04-24 16:54 ` Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2005-04-24 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't see one, http://bugs.debian.org/runit

> I'm also surprised that runit's version is now above
> 1.2, while 1.0.5 is still the only available option
> for Debian.

1.0.5 is the current stable version, nothing wrong with it I think.

> Has the Debian package become unsupported?

Not at all.  I'm pretty sure Debian/unstable will include the
development version sometime soon.

Regards, Gerrit.

* Re: No follow-up for Debian GNU/Linux ?
@ 2005-04-24 23:35   ` Gilles
From: Gilles @ 2005-04-24 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

> > I sent a bug report about the "runit" package for
> > Debian.  It has been quite some time now, without
> > a follow-up for what seems, at first sight, a minor
> I can't see one, http://bugs.debian.org/runit

I've just added some info as to what causes the installation
to fail (unnecessarily, in my opinion).
Please have a look, and hopefully you can resolve an annoying
package management issue to an otherwise perfectly usable
package.

Thanks,
Gilles