* svlog permissions of working directory ...
@ 2005-08-30  3:22 Sean P. Thomas
From: Sean P. Thomas @ 2005-08-30  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am sorry if this is an obtuse question, but why does svlog require
read permissions on the current working directory (not log directories)?

I encountered this error while trying to minimize permissions on service
directories, log directories and various run scripts.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

								--spt

* Re: svlog permissions of working directory ...
@ 2005-08-30 11:11 ` Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2005-08-30 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 11:22:33PM -0400, Sean P. Thomas wrote:
> I am sorry if this is an obtuse question, but why does svlog require
> read permissions on the current working directory (not log directories)?

It's that svlogd opens the current directory to fchdir() back to it
after changing to the several log directories when reading the specific
log configuration, or rotating or processing the current log files.

Regards, Gerrit.