* Curses based service control interface ?
@ 2005-09-27 17:16 Nicholas J Humfrey
From: Nicholas J Humfrey @ 2005-09-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have been running daemontools on Debain/sarge, but just upgraded to
runit because it is better supported :)

Something I have be thinking about writing for quite a long time is a
curses based interface for monitoring and controlled a directory of
services. Would basically be the output of "runsvstat /var/service/*"
with a cursor to to choose a service to send control signals to.

Does such a thing already exist? - anyone have any thoughts on such a
thing ?

Thanks,

nick.

* Re: Curses based service control interface ?
@ 2005-09-27 17:32 ` Mike Bell
From: Mike Bell @ 2005-09-27 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 06:16:31PM +0100, Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:
> Something I have be thinking about writing for quite a long time is a
> curses based interface for monitoring and controlled a directory of
> services. Would basically be the output of "runsvstat /var/service/*"
> with a cursor to to choose a service to send control signals to.
>
> Does such a thing already exist? - anyone have any thoughts on such a
> thing ?

I think this would be a useful tool to illustrate the power of runit to
those who aren't familiar with it yet. Just be sure to leave it taking
the path to the services (/var/service) as an argument. Or at least
allow overriding the default though command line arguments.