* Pattern matching to different logfiles
@ 2005-12-20 12:47 Charles M. Gerungan
From: Charles M. Gerungan @ 2005-12-20 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a log that I would like to split to different files. Every
line is prepended with a keyword and I'd like to output to a logdir
named keyword. So if there are 5 different keywords I'd like to log
to five different logdirs, if possible deleting that keyword
(including the trailing space) from the line in the process. Is that
possible?

--
Regards, Charles.

* Re: Pattern matching to different logfiles
@ 2006-01-03 14:11 ` Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2006-01-03 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 01:47:45PM +0100, Charles M. Gerungan wrote:
> I have a log that I would like to split to different files. Every
> line is prepended with a keyword and I'd like to output to a logdir
> named keyword. So if there are 5 different keywords I'd like to log
> to five different logdirs, if possible deleting that keyword
> (including the trailing space) from the line in the process. Is that
> possible?

Yes.  Stripping the keyword from the log messages must be done through a
processor though I think, see svlogd(8).

Regards, Gerrit.