Well, let's get rid of all of this, then... In general there is no way to do runtime tests when building for different architecture. Are these tests even needed? No other software I know of doesn't do such things... Radek P. > On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 01:50:00AM +0100, Radek Podgorny wrote: > > The root of this problem is that you have to distinguish between host > > (build) machine and target machine arch. Only single conf-cc and stuff > > simply isn't enough. The same for ./compile script and so on. > > Erm. To me it doesn't make much sense to do runtime tests on the > build system for programs that actually will run on the target system. > Surely I may be wrong though. > > Gerrit. -- GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x98E56D84