Yeah, that's exactly what I think, too... Radek P. > Charles Duffy wrote: > > Charlie Brady wrote: > >> As has earlier been pointed out, other software does do such > >> compile-link-run testing - most or all of Dan Bernstein's software > >> does it, as does software derived from Dan's software. I think you'll > >> also find that some software configured via ./configure will also do > >> such tests, just not as explicitly. > > > > Autoconf, however, has provisions for cross-compiling: The packager can > > specify test results for the given target via environment variables; > > defaults can be provided for use in cross-compilation environments; and > > as many tests as possible are done *without* requiring the use of a > > target-compiled binary. > > what?? noone needs something like autoconf, just using simple sh scripts > and a simple Makefile (instead of .c helpers) is _enough_ to make > software cross compilable. and of course you wont run make test when > cross compiling, and there is no need to do that. > > Alejandro Mery -- GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x98E56D84