On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 01:38:31PM -0600, Matthew R. Dempsky wrote: > On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 09:23:28AM -0600, Kevin wrote: > > Runit-run replaces the getty links in /var/service with new ones > > in /etc/sv. If you're running the upgrade from a getty, the getty will > > die when its service dir link is removed to be replaced, leaving > > non-functional services. > > Hm, when I upgraded about 30 minutes ago, I saw some weirdness in the > logs, but my fgetty's didn't die. (I too was upgrading via the > terminal.) It probably depends on the speed of the machine. runsvdir polls at least every 5 seconds so any race condition would be more apparent on a slow machine.