On 26/03/06 Gerrit Pape said: > Correct, svlogd doesn't log lines with just '\n'; not necessarily by > design. I'm unsure currently whether to document it or change it in > svlogd. Personally, I'd prefer to log \n's. They can be used to space out sections of logs, increasing readability. A logger tool like this should just log whatever it's given. Let the app determine what's worthy of logging. Cheers, Mike -- Michael P. Soulier "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein