On Wednesday 12 July 2006 10:20, Gerrit Pape wrote: > On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 08:59:45PM -0500, Kevin wrote: > > We have some services that have come to depend on behavior of > > svwaitup/svwaitdown to work. As these are no longer built since > > runit-1.4.0, we're starting to face a problem, since we use the > > Debian packaged version: > > > > sv -w 1000000 -v check seems to return immediately. We > > have no way to indefinitely block a service from starting without > > replacing this functionality with extra code that used to already > > exist, to our knowledge. > > > > Are we missing something? > > I'm not sure what exactly you used the svwait* programs for, so I > cannot say whether or how it works with 'sv check/start/stop'. > > Regards, Gerrit. We cannot make sv block like svwaitup did. Either we're misunderstanding how to use it, or something. An example service script is included below: #!/bin/sh svwaitup ~/service/sfsagent exec chpst -e env runthis.sh