On Thursday 13 July 2006 03:44, Gerrit Pape wrote: > > We cannot make sv block like svwaitup did. Either we're > > misunderstanding how to use it, or something. > > > > An example service script is included below: > > > > #!/bin/sh > > svwaitup ~/service/sfsagent > > exec chpst -e env runthis.sh > > svwaitup did wait two seconds by default after the sfsagent service > daemon has been started, this seems to be what you relied on. Indeed, > sv doesn't do that by default, but it supports the ./check script > instead. svwaitup waited until the service had been running for at least 2 seconds before exiting, no? > If you want 'sv start ~/service/sfsagent' or 'sv check > ~/service/sfsagent' to wait for two seconds before returning, simply do > 'sleep 2' in ~/service/sfsagent/check. That would be a useless check. What we want is for the sfsagent service to be running, not just wait 2 seconds before starting. > Better yet, find out how to check for what the sfsagent service daemon > needs to provide before runthis.sh can be started, and check for that > in ~/service/sfsagent/check. So, it sounds like you're saying that the functionality of checking for a service to be running, and waiting until that service is running before continuing no longer exists in runit as it is presently built. Is this correct?