* sv restart bug?
@ 2006-10-24 17:38 Dražen Kačar
From: Dražen Kačar @ 2006-10-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I've found a small bug in runit 1.7.0.

"sv restart <service>" prints out status information describing state
before restart action. For example:

{donat}~# sv stop inserter
ok: down: inserter: 0s, normally up
{donat}~# sv status inserter
down: inserter: 6s, normally up
{donat}~# sv restart inserter
ok: down: inserter: 13s, normally up      <=====
{donat}~# sv status inserter
run: inserter: (pid 9437) 4s

It seems to me it should have printed the new state, just like "sv start"
does:

{donat}~# sv stop inserter
ok: down: inserter: 0s, normally up
{donat}~# sv start inserter
ok: run: inserter: (pid 9539) 0s

--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_  \ /  _)   ceremonial.

     |        dave@fly.srk.fer.hr

* Re: sv restart bug?
@ 2006-11-01 12:10 ` Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2006-11-01 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 07:38:34PM +0200, Dra?en Ka?ar wrote:
> I think I've found a small bug in runit 1.7.0.
>
> "sv restart <service>" prints out status information describing state
> before restart action. For example:
>
> {donat}~# sv stop inserter
> ok: down: inserter: 0s, normally up
> {donat}~# sv status inserter
> down: inserter: 6s, normally up
> {donat}~# sv restart inserter
> ok: down: inserter: 13s, normally up      <=====
> {donat}~# sv status inserter
> run: inserter: (pid 9437) 4s
>

> It seems to me it should have printed the new state, just like "sv start"
> does:
>
> {donat}~# sv stop inserter
> ok: down: inserter: 0s, normally up
> {donat}~# sv start inserter
> ok: run: inserter: (pid 9539) 0s

Yes, that looks like a bug, thanks for reporting.  From a first quick
glance it seems 'restart' lets sv send the commands 'term', 'cont', 'up'
-in that order-, and sv checks for 'term' to take effect instead of
'up'.

Regards, Gerrit.