* runit - lighty - access_log - named pipe - svlog
@ 2007-07-03 18:22 Sascha Hüdepohl
From: Sascha Hüdepohl @ 2007-07-03 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi!

I'm running lighttpd and i hate it using syslog. I can't set it up to log
to stdout so i thought about using named pipes.

lighttpd.conf:
server.errorlog      = "log.pipe"
accesslog.filename   = "log.pipe"

lighttpd/run:
#!/bin/sh
logpipe="log.pipe"
if [ ! -p $logpipe ]; then
  mkfifo -m0640 "$logpipe"
  chown www-data.adm "$logpipe"
fi
exec lighttpd -D -f ./lighttpd.conf

lighttpd/log/run:
#!/bin/sh
logpipe="../log.pipe"
if [ ! -p $logpipe ]; then
  mkfifo -m0640 "$logpipe"
  chown www-data.adm "$logpipe"
fi
exec 2>&1
exec <> $logpipe
exec svlogd ./main

Now i wonder if i will run in any problems with this.

regards
sascha

* Re: runit - lighty - access_log - named pipe - svlog
@ 2007-07-07  6:13 ` Alex Efros
From: Alex Efros @ 2007-07-07  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi!

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 08:22:01PM +0200, Sascha H?depohl wrote:
> Now i wonder if i will run in any problems with this.

I use similar trick with Apache's access_log and error_log for some time
without any problems.

--
			WBR, Alex.