Hi! On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 11:12:48AM +0000, Gerrit Pape wrote: > Instructions on how to use runit with upstart as init scheme have been ---cut--- Step 6: Replace /sbin/init Now it is time to replace the sysvinit /sbin/init binary: # mv /sbin/init /sbin/init.sysv # ln -s runit-init /sbin/init ---cut--- IMO this is bad idea. I've used this few years, and then switch back to using kernel param init= instead. This is because your linux distribution from time to time may wish to update sysvinit package, and so it will overwrite /sbin/init. And next reboot will be "surprise!", unless you really-really careful and detect sysvinit upgrade and replace /sbin/init with runit-init again after upgrade but before reboot. I've no idea how often sysvinit package upgraded in other linux distributions, but in Gentoo it upgrade, or at least recompile/reinstall every few months. -- WBR, Alex.