* Charlie Brady [2008-01-14 10:11:41 -0500]: > On Sun, 13 Jan 2008, Vincent Danen wrote: > >> Hmmm... I didn't know anything about this mysqlmanager. Care to share >> your runit script? =) I may have to look into using that instead of >> calling mysqld directly. > > Why? You haven't had any trouble reports about mysql startup, have you? No, actually mysql runs quite reliably the way I call it, and with using the mysqladmin shutdown command to turn it off. But if there's a better (more proper) way to do it, then I'm interested in looking at it. mysqlmanager does look interesting.. looks like you can manager more than one database instance starting from the same supervisor instance, so I could be running a local-only db, a remote db, and another remote db, just by fiddling with /etc/my.cnf and restarting the manager. Just because it's worked for me doesn't mean it's not possible for it to bork something... maybe I've been lucky, maybe mysql is robust enough to handle it... maybe what I'm doing is perfectly acceptable, but there's nothing wrong with looking at the "recommended" way of doing things. =) -- Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/