* Whoops. Bunch of spam. Subscription moderation.
@ 2008-04-22  5:40 Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2008-04-22  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

 Okay.
 I was modifying the list's preferences so subscriptions are moderated.
 It seems the "edit config" switch to ezmlm-make (from ezmlm-idx) does not
work; so, for two minutes, which is the time I needed to realize what
happened, the list was open to any sender address (instead of subscribers
only).

 Hence the sudden outburst of spam. My apologies for the goof.
 I'm really impressed by the quantity of spam received when the window
of vulnerability was so small. Ugh.

 In any case, subscriptions are now moderated. That should slow down robots.
If you're a legitimate user and want to subscribe, please be patient. It
might take a bit of time before I get to your subscription request.

--
 Laurent

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-04-22  5:40 UTC | newest]