* log file locations
@ 2009-06-03  8:05 Felix
From: Felix @ 2009-06-03  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi all, first post to list.

I am running a debian server and am preparing to migrate everything over to
using runit as I have been very happy with it on tests. I am still unsure
about the log file locations. I want as many other sevices to be able to
find log files (ie fail2ban, logwatch etc) and am interested as to how
others integrate runit and other services that rely on traditional
placement of logfiles, particularly on debian. Any suggestions or tips
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-felix

--
email: felix(at)seconddrawer.com.au
  web: http://seconddrawer.com.au/

* Re: log file locations
@ 2009-06-03 10:43 ` Joan Picanyol i Puig
From: Joan Picanyol i Puig @ 2009-06-03 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

* Felix <felix@seconddrawer.com.au> [20090603 10:06]:
> I am still unsure about the log file locations. I want as many other
> sevices to be able to find log files (ie fail2ban, logwatch etc) and
> am interested as to how others integrate runit and other services that
> rely on traditional placement of logfiles, particularly on debian. Any
> suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

The main thing to be aware of is that runit requires diferent log
directories per service. If your other services know accept a directory
as a log placement parameter you can just tell svlogd to write
everything under /var/log/. If they expect specific filenames you
probably will have to setup symlinks under /var/log pointing to
/service/*/log/current

qvb
--
pica