* post action
@ 2010-11-05 11:36 Alejandro Mery
From: Alejandro Mery @ 2010-11-05 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi, I have a problem with a service [1] which runs fine and handles
HUP, TERM correctly and sends output to stderr as a good citizen.
Unfortunately it (re)creates a unix socket with permissions unfit
for the purpose, so I have to chmod g+w /var/run/thin-*/socket every
time. cron gives me a granularity of 1 minute which still makes the
application unreachable for up-to one looooong minute.

The authors don't care because it works fine when daemonizing... and
"one shall daemonize the daemons"... no comment on that.

Is there an elegant way of solving this issue with runit?

Thanks,
Alejandro Mery

[1] <http://code.macournoyer.com/thin/>