From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision@skarnet.org>
To: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>
Cc: supervision@list.skarnet.org
Subject: Re: [skalibs] long_fmt fails with FMT_LEN (was: Why no negative numbers in the *_fmt routines?)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:52:41 +0200	[thread overview]

 Hi Lloyd,
 The skaware@list.skarnet.org list is the place to talk about skalibs...
it doesn't have much to do with supervision ;)
 Mail-Followup-To set.

> Actually, this problem is due to a bug in long_fmt. It doesn't properly
> handle the FMT_LEN argument when the value to be formatted is negative.

 Ah, the null buffer trick. Sorry, I hardly ever use either negative
numbers or null buffers, so I'm not surprised that case isn't handled. ^^'
 Thanks for the patch, applied.

 skalibs-1.0.0, with lot of fixes and new goodies, is going to be released
Real Soon Now (with incomplete documentation, but at this pace, completing
the doc would mean blasting the release date into the next century, so
complete doc will have to wait). RSN means in less than a month (really,
I swear, on my life, etc.), so I'd advise you to wait for it if you can.

 If you don't trust me when it comes to release dates (and I haven't exactly
been trustworthy about that), I can send you a pre tarball. It works, and
it's definitely better than the old 0.47 stuff you're stuck with for now.

--
 Laurent