Patrick Steinhardt schrob: > Yeah, I thought about using a symlink here, too. The main reason > why I didn't want to do this is to keep configuration and data > separate from each other. It honestly feels a bit weird to me to > configure the logger in /var/log/$service -- doing so in > /etc/sv/$service/log seems like the more obvious location to me > and can be cleanly achieved with this new option without > requiring a symlink. I agree it feels weird. I expect to be able to rm -r /var/log/$foo to get rid of logs, without accidentally losing configuration. My standardized log/run script thus contains (among other things): | if [ -e main-config ] && [ ! -e main/config ] ; then | ln -s "`realpath main-config`" main/config | fi I think that's a simpler (and therefore better) way to move the config location than extending svlogd's C code. And I likely will s/main/$i/g and put a | for i in main foo bar ; do | ... | done loop around that code once I need several logdirs with individual configuration. I don't see how your -c option would achieve that. regards, Jan