* Update early logger logging path after remounting root as rw
@ 2020-09-05 15:46 Rio Liu
From: Rio Liu @ 2020-09-05 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hello people

I'm configuring my linux to use s6-rc. It works fairly well so far. One
thing I want to improve though, is that the early logger logs to
/run/uncaught-logs. It's nice to have a log file during early boot and it
helped my debugging easier. But it would be cool to able to change the
location to a permanent location like /var/log after the root has been
remounted as read-write.

Is it possible to update the log path of early/catch-all s6-log process to
a new location, and perhaps copying the early logs there as well? Or if
not, is it possible to spawn a new s6-log process that acts as a catch-all
logger?

Thanks

BTW, is there a command to restart service managed by s6-rc? I've been
using "s6-rc -v2 -d change sv && s6-rc -v2 -u change sv" but I feel there
might be something simpler.