I'm trying to have a runit service spawn `/usr/bin/ly` in a certain tty (tty2). I've tried redirecting std{in,out,err} to the tty: exec /usr/bin/ly /dev/tty2 2>&1 but this didn't work. I tried the openvt(1) program, which has a flag `-e` to exec the program instead of forking it: openvt -ec 2 /usr/bin/ly This returned an error: Unable to open file: /dev/tty2: Operation not permitted. However, openvt(1) works when using the `-w` (wait) flag instead of `-e` (exec). So my questions are: - Does anyone know why this happens? - Is there a better way to spawn a process on a certain tty with runit? Thanks, Kian Kasad