* Service started at bootup Though empty down file created
@ 2021-01-28  4:20 sindhu krishnan
From: sindhu krishnan @ 2021-01-28  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

I have "A" service which should not start at bootup. It will be started by
other service(using  s6-svc -u ).
I have added the "A" service in s6 bundle and created the empty down file
in service directory to consider the service as down until it is started by
other service. But in my case, Though I have a empty down file in "A"
service directory, It is started at bootup.

I have taken the below as reference and implemented. Can you please let me
know, what is the problem here.

An optional, empty, regular file named down. If such a file exists, the
default state of the service is considered down, not up: s6-supervise will
not automatically start it until it receives a s6-svc -u command. If
no down file
exists, the default state of the service is up

Thanks.