* ftrig pipe naming convention
@ 2022-09-18 15:41 Ihor Antonov
From: Ihor Antonov @ 2022-09-18 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hello

As I was playing with s6 I found out that not every fifo placed in
./event gets notification.

After some digging I found out why.

https://github.com/skarnet/s6/blob/master/src/libs6/ftrigw_notifyb_nosig.c#L33-L34

      if (strncmp(d->d_name, FTRIG1_PREFIX ":@", FTRIG1_PREFIXLEN + 2)) continue ;
      if (strlen(d->d_name) != FTRIG1_PREFIXLEN + 33) continue ;

I wonder what is the reason behind the naming convention? What is the
downside of simply writing to any present fifo file ?

Thanks

Ihor