* Runit in Ubuntu Jammy
@ 2022-10-01  4:07 Paul Gerdes
From: Paul Gerdes @ 2022-10-01  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hello everyone. I am trying to get a minimal ubuntu desktop installation
without systemd.
Do you know if there is a way to get runit, openrc or sysvinit running as
an init replacement on modern ubuntu? Could you please give me a Guide on
how to install it and set it up?

Runit Packages are already available in Ubuntu Repos. Together with
'init-system-helpers'.
See here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=runit&searchon=names

I know its not officially supported in Ubuntu, but Debian 11 can run
without systemd. There should be a way to do this.

Thanks for your help
Greetings

* Re: Runit in Ubuntu Jammy
@ 2023-02-10 15:39 Adam Faiz