* runsvdir does not run runsv recursively, as is documented.
@ 2022-08-03 13:22 Martin Castillo
From: Martin Castillo @ 2022-08-03 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

I'm trying to set up services, which are in subdirectories of other
services. This is supported, according to the second paragraph of the
runsvdir man page:

runsvdir starts a runsv(8) process for each subdirectory,  or
symlink  to a directory, in the services directory dir, up to
a limit of  1000  subdirectories,

In my directory service/ I have:
Foo
Foo/run
Foo/bar
Foo/bar/run

After running runsvdir service, I expect two runsv instances to be
running. One for Foo, one for bar. But on my system, only one instance
for Foo is running, and bar/run is not being executed.

I have runit 2.1.2-29.

Has this feature been removed without updating the manpage?
I did not find anything in the archive.

Martin Castillo

To test this I used (also attached):
Foo/run: