* Runit on tty1
@ 2006-09-21  5:59 Zachary Kotlarek
From: Zachary Kotlarek @ 2006-09-21  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone figured out how to get runit off of tty1 when running on
linux 2.6.17+ kernels? I see there was a discussion in the list back
in June/July, but I couldn't find a resolution in the archives.

	Thanks much,
		Zach

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Runit on tty1
@ 2006-06-23 19:26 Richard A Downing FBCS CITP
From: Richard A Downing FBCS CITP @ 2006-06-23 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have just built a new system (glibc-2.4, gcc04.1.1, linux-2.6.17.1)
with runit-1.5.1.
This seems to be quite stable except that tty1 does not accept ctrl-c -
indeed if /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel exists, this is run when ctrl-c is
pressed on tty1 (and causes a reboot as expected).
Another effect, also only on tty1 is that a long output can be
interrupted by a replay of earlier output, this can be recovered by
switching to another tty and back - nothing is in fact list, it's just
the screen output.
Further investigation reveals that runit, as process 1, is marked by
ps-ef as being on tty1 and the bash process started by getty-1 is marked
as ? for it's TTY.  I suspect this is the problem, as it is quite unlike
my other runit-based systems.
There are no errors in the runsvdir proctitle.

Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong?

Richard.