* sample runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
@ 2005-11-17  1:52 Nicholas J Humfrey
From: Nicholas J Humfrey @ 2005-11-17  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a standard qmail and runit install on Debian/sarge, but I want
to start qmail-send and qmail-smtpd using /var/service rather than
the /etc/init.d/qmail that debian comes with.

Does anybody have an example runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
I am quite surprised that I couldn't find one on google.

I don't seem to have envuidgid or softlimit installed on my machine
(I believe they are in the daemontools package) but I would rather
use runit...

nick.

* Re: sample runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
@ 2005-11-17  2:15 ` Charlie Brady
From: Charlie Brady @ 2005-11-17  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:

> I have a standard qmail and runit install on Debian/sarge, but I want to
> start qmail-send and qmail-smtpd using /var/service rather than the
> /etc/init.d/qmail that debian comes with.
>
> Does anybody have an example runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
> I am quite surprised that I couldn't find one on google.

Fourth entry in:

http://www.google.com/search?q=run+script+qmail-smtpd

is:

http://smarden.org/ipsvd/examples.html

  #!/bin/sh
  exec 2>&1
  exec softlimit -m2000000 \
   tcpsvd -vvh -i./peers -uqmaild \
     -c40 -C'10:421 per host concurrency limit reached\r\n' \
       192.168.14.6 25 qmail-smtpd

* Re: sample runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
@ 2005-11-17  4:32 ` Hardik Dalwadi
From: Hardik Dalwadi @ 2005-11-17  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

On Thursday 17 November 2005 07:22 AM, Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a standard qmail and runit install on Debian/sarge, but I want
> to start qmail-send and qmail-smtpd using /var/service rather than  the
> /etc/init.d/qmail that debian comes with.
> Does anybody have an example runit script for qmail-smtpd ?
> I am quite surprised that I couldn't find one on google.
Have you check <http://smarden.org/ipsvd/examples.html>
According to that

#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
exec softlimit -m2000000 \
	tcpsvd -vvh -i./peers -uqmaild \
     	-c40 -C'10:421 per host concurrency limit reached\r\n' \
       	192.168.14.6 25 qmail-smtpd

> I don't seem to have envuidgid or softlimit installed on my machine  (I
> believe they are in the daemontools package) but I would rather  use
> runit...
Runit has the replacement of envuidgid and softlimit, That chpst command
from runit package. Check <http://smarden.org/runit> or do mam chpst

envuidgid = chpst -U user[:group]
softlimit = chpst -mbytes

So now your run script will be......

#!/bin/sh
exec 2>&1
exec chpst -m3000000 \
	tcpsvd -vvh -i./peers -uqmaild \
     	-c40 -C'10:421 per host concurrency limit reached\r\n' \
       	192.168.14.6 25 qmail-smtpd

>nick.

With Cheers,
Hardik Dalwadi.