* runit-1.4.0 available
@ 2006-03-06 16:05 Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2006-03-06 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, a new runit test package, version 1.4.0, is available through

 http://smarden.org/runit/

With this version the runsvctrl, runsvstat, svwaitdown, and svwaitup
programs no longer are being installed, the functionality of these
programs has been incorporated into the sv program.  The documentation
now suggest to put service directories by default into the /etc/sv/
directory, and a list of frequently asked questions with answers has
been added.  The chpst program understands a new option -d to limit
memory of the data segment per process.

If you use runit regularly, please contribute to the project

 http://smarden.org/pape/#contribution

Thanks, Gerrit.

* Re: service definition vs service activation
@ 2006-03-07 13:30 Joshua N Pritikin
From: Joshua N Pritikin @ 2006-03-07 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)