* Migrating from daemontools
@ 2006-05-10 23:40 Robin Bowes
From: Robin Bowes @ 2006-05-10 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm about to migrate to runit from daemontools (for licensing reasons).

Can I just confirm that it is as simple as :

1. Install runit
2. Create /var/service
3. Add to start up (inittab on linux or /etc/rc.local on FreeBSD)
4. Re-read inittab (Linux) or reboot (FreeBSD)

Am I right in thinking that my current scripts should run OK using runsv
instead of supervise?

Are there runit equivalents of all daemontools binaries, specifically
tai64nlocal (I am assuming that sv == svc, svlogd == multilog) ?

Thanks for any information.

R.