Ok, I have a question. I'm trying to convert my djbdns run scripts from tcpserver to tcpsvd and ran into a bit of a problem. If I use chpst -e ./env and run my runscript as "sh -x run", it's showing nothing where $IP is. I tried with envdir and I get the same behaviour, which is wierd. So I figured that maybe it's not something that'll work if I do it through sh, but axfrdns doesn't even want to start (presumably because it doesn't have an IP address to work with). So I'm fiddling and find that if I do: chpst -e ./env env I can see the values of IP and ROOT in the env output, but if I do something like: chpst -e ./env echo $IP I get nothing. If I replace that with 'printf "%s" $IP' I still get nothing. What gives? Am I doing something wrong? I'm thinking I must be because I even checked another machine that's not using runit/ipsvd, and I get the same behaviour. The problem is that tcpserver or tcpsvd shows up in the process list so I can't even see what commandline it's "resolving" to without using sh -x, but I don't know if that's causing some problems as well. Any ideas? -- Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/ "lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import" {FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}