On Jan 25, 2005, at 3:58, Torne Wuff wrote: > Quoting Vincent Danen : >>> Did you link the runit program statically with the dietlibc? If so, >>> you >>> could try to compile it the same way as the working /sbin/init, to be >>> sure it's not the compiler or libc causing the problem. >> >> That's a good idea. I did compile it statically with dietlibc. I'll >> try without dietlibc and see what happens. I haven't had a chance to >> dive back into it yet, but when I get a second I'll rebuild it and see >> if that clears it up. If not, I'll recompile the kernel without the >> stack protection option enabled, just to make sure that it is what I >> think it is. > > Yes, it's dietlibc. Dietlibc executes code from the stack during > system calls, > afaict. Well, it's definitely dietlibc. I compiled runit with glibc (statically) and it works just fine. Very strange. -- Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/ "lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import" {FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}