On Feb 05, 2005, at 14:25, Csillag Tamás wrote: >> Hmmm... spoke too soon. None of the services requiring tcpsvd were >> installed, so I tried with rsync and if I start supervise on those >> services, nothing happens. But if "sh -x run" myself, I can see the >> services are starting. Not sure if recompiling ipsvd without dietlibc >> will help, but it's something I'll have to try. >> >>> In grsec I use the chpax utility to bypass this security checks on >>> these >>> (and only these) programs. >> >> Ouch. Not a good solution. >> >>> Maybe it is worth asking the author of dietlibc.. >>> http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/ >> >> I have... and am in the middle of a conversation with him. He's very >> interested in seeing this resolved. > > Can you tell me what is the result? > Felix released 0.28 recently, it contains the fixes for that or not? > (I was unable to figure out from the CHANGES file) I meant to email the list earlier, but didn't get a chance. I did build dietlibc 0.28 and recompiled runit under it and it seems to work ok. At least the kernel doesn't kill or stall runit anymore. But I had to build without WANT_STACKGAP due to my gcc+SSP compiler (I don't know if this will make any difference to runit itself because I can't compiled dietlibc 0.28 with gcc+SSP with WANT_STACKGAP enabled). So far it seems good although I want to keep an eye on it more before I put it into production. -- Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/ "lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import" {FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}