Guillermo: > * > > There is a |curses.h| file in both Void's 'standard' headers > directory and in a subdirectory named '|ncursesw|' (for the narrow > character and wide character versions of the library, > respectively). Normally, that would be |/usr/include/curses.h| and > |/usr/include/ncursesw/curses.h|. > On that score: Those of you who have peeked at 1.38 will possibly have noticed the manual for the new |console-termio-realizer| command, which has a section explaining how it realizes onto terminals. I have some things that I am mulling over. * The |chkservice| command (also new, and which you might also have spotted) uses wide character ncurses. I am wondering whether it should employ |console-termio-realizer|'s mechanism instead. * The |monitor-fsck-progress| command uses wide character ncurses, but there is no real use case for it running against a terminal that does not understand ECMA48 control sequences. I am wondering whether it should employ |console-termio-realizer|'s mechanism instead. * The only programs that do not explicitly use /wide-character/ ncurses (and so require the additional slightly different development tooling) are |service-status|, and the |start|, |stop|, and |reset| subcommands of |system-control|. And they only employ it for colourization, which the ncurses and terminfo models aren't particularly good for in the first place. I am wondering whether they too should employ |console-termio-realizer|'s mechanism instead. The general upshot would be that only |console-ncurses-realizer| ends up using wide character ncurses. Only the one place for patches, and only the one flavour of curses; with the tradeoffs that are given in the |console-termio-realizer| manual.