For those readers that meet the following critieria: - Are unfortunate enough to only speak a single language, English; - And simply want to read an English version of the document; - Are (un)fortunately running a current Debian installation with missing Latex dependencies; Do the following: mkdir -p ~/Projects/ ; cd ~/Projects git clone https://gitlab.com/CasperVector/up2020.git cd ./up2020 ; sudo aptitude install latexmk Edit the first line of the latexmkrc file in the up2020 directory so it looks like: @default_files = ('up2020-en'); Then in the up2020 directory, execute this command: latexmk The resulting document, while incomplete, will be created as a English-language PDF named up2020-en.pdf. Sorry if this added noise to the mailing list. It was just frustrating to not have the document build because of missing software dependencies on my system; doing this tweak allowed me to at least read it.