Good Day, On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 3:18 PM Laurent Bercot wrote: > >That's a win-win > > Lengthening the supervision tree in the container and using more RAM > just to save writing one line in a configuration file does not seem > like a win to me. > > ... Besides, runit will refuse to run if it's not pid 1, so that > wouldn't work. > > I don't generally question people that are this far above my weight class on a topic - but I'm pretty sure this [1] implies that pid 1 is not a requirement. I'm also confused why my suggestion would be put down so harshly outside of the possible pid 1 issue. If one doesn't want to require a user of their lxc image to modify the config - but wants to use runit - what I suggested certainly would fit that core requirement. I made no suggestion that it was perfect - but it was an option for someone that views the reality of changing a line in a config file differently than I would. I have a boat load of issues with things that I work with that consume way more time than should be necessary. I also happened to remember having seen an init that allowed signal remapping in the past. This smallest amount of empathy for a fellow bike shed painter meant that I offered up what I remembered. My apologies for the noise. John W Higgins [1] - http://smarden.org/runit/useinit.html