* Runit 1.2.0 - service/control/c not invoked
@ 2005-01-13 10:41 Vladimir Smelhaus
From: Vladimir Smelhaus @ 2005-01-13 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

it seems to me, that service/control/c are not invoked when runsv gets
signal from runsvdir. With runsvctrl is it OK.

--
Vladimir Smelhaus

* Re: Runit 1.2.0 - service/control/c not invoked
@ 2005-01-13 19:07 ` Gerrit Pape
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2005-01-13 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:41:57AM +0100, Vladimir Smelhaus wrote:
> it seems to me, that service/control/c are not invoked when runsv gets
> signal from runsvdir. With runsvctrl is it OK.

Yes, the documentation says that if runsv gets a TERM signal it acts as
if the character x was written to the control pipe.  It should run
control/x in this case.  I've some other changes pending, and'll fix it
with the next version.

Thanks, Gerrit.

* Re: Runit 1.2.0 - service/control/c not invoked
@ 2005-01-20 18:33   ` Charlie Brady
From: Charlie Brady @ 2005-01-20 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Gerrit Pape wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:41:57AM +0100, Vladimir Smelhaus wrote:
> > it seems to me, that service/control/c are not invoked when runsv gets
> > signal from runsvdir. With runsvctrl is it OK.
>
> Yes, the documentation says that if runsv gets a TERM signal it acts as
> if the character x was written to the control pipe.  It should run
> control/x in this case.  I've some other changes pending, and'll fix it
> with the next version.

The runsvctrl documentation is now a little out of date, as signals may
not be sent to the running "service" (unless the "service" is defined as
the monitoring/controlling runsv program).

[Perhaps someone here with a free half hour could do some wordsmithing and
send a patch to Gerrit.]

---
Charlie