* distributions including or packaging runit
@ 2006-11-03 10:37 Gerrit Pape
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Gerrit Pape @ 2006-11-03 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to add a list of distributions that include or package runit to
the main web page http://smarden.org/runit/.  Here's a start, please
post here if you have additions or corrections.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/runit
  Debian GNU/Linux (as alternative init scheme)
http://http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/runit/
  FreeBSD
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/sysutils/runit/
  OpenBSD
http://pkgsrc.se/wip/runit/
  NetBSD
http://annvix.org/
  Annvix (as default init scheme)
http://frugalware.org/
  Frugalware Linux (as default init scheme)
http://packages.ubuntu.com/runit
  Ubuntu (as alternative init scheme)
http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=runit
  Gentoo

Thanks, Gerrit.

* Re: distributions including or packaging runit
@ 2006-11-03 20:17 ` Alex Smith
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alex Smith @ 2006-11-03 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerrit Pape wrote:
> http://frugalware.org/
>   Frugalware Linux (as default init scheme)

Well, it's not yet default. I'm currently also evaluating other systems,
and even if Runit does not become the default, I will most certainly add
a package for it and provide support to use it with the init scheme that
is chosen and as an alternative to the main one.

Thanks,
Alex
--
Alex Smith
Frugalware Linux developer - http://www.frugalware.org

* Re: distributions including or packaging runit
@ 2006-11-03 21:14 ` Vincent Danen
From: Vincent Danen @ 2006-11-03 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> [2006-11-03 10:37:20 +0000]:

> I want to add a list of distributions that include or package runit to
> the main web page http://smarden.org/runit/.  Here's a start, please
> post here if you have additions or corrections.

[...]
> http://annvix.org/
>   Annvix (as default init scheme)

As of the next Annvix version, runit is the *only* init scheme (unless
someone decides to build SysVinit and glue everything back together
again on their own).

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C  A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 186 bytes --]

* Re: distributions including or packaging runit
@ 2006-11-03 22:14 ` Charlie Brady
From: Charlie Brady @ 2006-11-03 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Gerrit Pape wrote:

> I want to add a list of distributions that include or package runit to
> the main web page http://smarden.org/runit/.

SME server (latest release 7.0 replaces daemontools with runit, and
ucspi-tcp with ipsvd):

http://www.smeserver.org/

* Re: distributions including or packaging runit
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2006-11-03 22:25 ` Alejandro Mery
From: Alejandro Mery @ 2006-11-03 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: supervision

Gerrit Pape wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to add a list of distributions that include or package runit to
>the main web page http://smarden.org/runit/.  Here's a start, please
>post here if you have additions or corrections.

http://www.opensde.org/

a framework to build and maintain custom distributions, has sysvinit as
default but just disabling it and enabling runit let you produce
runit-powered distributions.

i know of 8 runit-based distributions maintained using opensde, but none
has made public releases yet.

cheers,
Alejandro Mery