From: Charlie Brady <charlieb-supervision@budge.apana.org.au>
To: Mike Buland <mike@geekgene.com>
Cc: supervision@list.skarnet.org
Subject: Re: About spam (was: Usenet Group dead?)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:20:11 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Mike Buland wrote:

> So far it seems that the e-mail explaining that I will be removed satisfies
> ezmlm that I exist, and I keep getting valuable e-mail...although sometimes I
> worry that I'm missing something.  I don't suppose anyone knows any clever
> way around that problem?

Put a decent spam filter in front of ezmlm. If my smtp daemon won't accept
the mail because it doesn't have a Date header, list.skarnet.org's daemon
can do it. If my spamassassin can reject mail because it scores 50 on the
spam scale, it's so obviously spam that it doesn't need to be relayed.

But if Laurent is not very concerned, then for now we can probably live
with the slightly extra load.