* Systemd unit parser and s6 generator
@ 2023-02-27 16:25 Oliver Schad
From: Oliver Schad @ 2023-02-27 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi everybody

I don't know, if somebody has tried that ever. However we want to
continue to use Ubuntu on s6 and packages today our s6 "units" manually.

We've build a generator for that, that creates a base of service. But
the call of this generator is once by a human being which manually
decides which options make sense. Later he/she modifies maybe the
generated result.

We've discussed internally if we change that process and try to write a
systemd unit parser, because all units are there in Ubuntu.

If we could catch 90% of all cases, we need, we would be happy.
If it would take 2 weeks of work, that would be fine.

Did somebody of you try to implement something? What are your thoughts?

Best Regards
Oli

--
Automatic-Server AG •••••
Oliver Schad

www.automatic-server.com | oliver.schad@automatic-server.com
Tel: +41 71 511 31 11 | Mobile: +41 76 330 03 47