* Missing "$@" at the end of the s6-linux-init invocation in basedir/bin/init script
@ 2020-11-10 17:59 Muhammad Mahendra Subrata
From: Muhammad Mahendra Subrata @ 2020-11-10 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this problem is specific to me or I just missed some
steps, after running s6-linux-init-maker with below invocation:

s6-linux-init-maker -c /etc/s6/init/current -u adm -G 'agetty 38400
tty12 linux' -1 -p '/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin' -t 2 -D 3
/etc/s6/init/current

I got the generated /etc/s6/init/current/bin/init script like below:

#!/bin/execlineb -S0

s6-linux-init -c "/etc/s6/init/current" -m 0022 -p
"/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin" -D "3"

Using that generated script, I tried to boot my system by adding "4" in
kernel command line hoping that it will boot to that runlevel instead of
the default one (in this case it's 3) but it still booted to runlevel 3.
I then looked at other scripts inside /etc/s6/init/current/bin and all
of them had "$@" at the end of their respective s6-linux-init-*
invocation. So I tried adding "$@" at the end of s6-linux-init
invocation in /etc/s6/init/current/bin/init and tried booting to
runlevel 4 again using kernel command line option as before and it
booted successfully to runlevel 4.

So, is that "$@" supposed to be there or not?

Thanks!

* Re: Missing "$@" at the end of the s6-linux-init invocation in basedir/bin/init script
@ 2020-11-10 23:08 ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2020-11-10 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Muhammad Mahendra Subrata, supervision

>So, is that "$@" supposed to be there or not?

  It absolutely is! You found a bug. Thanks for the report!
  Now fixed in release 1.0.5.1, which I cut immediately because it is
pretty critical.

--
  Laurent