* Runit source version control
@ 2020-08-16 14:25 Érico Nogueira
From: Érico Nogueira @ 2020-08-16 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi!

I was looking into runit version history, and was wondering if there's
anywhere I could access actual version control of its source. It is
possible to assemble a rough history by fetching all the releases, such
as done in [1], but it would be nice to have an actual complete history,
if such a thing exists and has been released publically. I couldn't find
anything while searching through [2].

Thanks,
Érico

- [1] https://github.com/sgn/runit
- [2] http://smarden.org/runit/

* Re: Runit source version control
@ 2020-08-16 15:22 ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2020-08-16 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

>I was looking into runit version history, and was wondering if there's
>anywhere I could access actual version control of its source. It is
>possible to assemble a rough history by fetching all the releases, such
>as done in [1], but it would be nice to have an actual complete history,
>if such a thing exists and has been released publically. I couldn't find
>anything while searching through [2].

  To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing. runit was not
developed with version control tools.

--
  Laurent

* Re: Runit source version control
@ 2020-08-16 15:31   ` Érico Nogueira
From: Érico Nogueira @ 2020-08-16 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Bercot, supervision

On Sun Aug 16, 2020 at 12:22 PM -03, Laurent Bercot wrote:
> >I was looking into runit version history, and was wondering if there's
> >anywhere I could access actual version control of its source. It is
> >possible to assemble a rough history by fetching all the releases, such
> >as done in [1], but it would be nice to have an actual complete history,
> >if such a thing exists and has been released publically. I couldn't find
> >anything while searching through [2].
>
> To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing. runit was not
> developed with version control tools.
>
> --
> Laurent

I understand, thanks! Will have to do with the best effort of tracking
the specific releases.

Érico

* Re: Runit source version control
@ 2020-08-17 15:46 ` Guillermo
From: Guillermo @ 2020-08-17 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Supervision

El dom., 16 ago. 2020 a las 11:56, Érico Nogueira escribió:

> I was looking into runit version history, and was wondering if there's
> anywhere I could access actual version control of its source.

There is a Git repository, actually:

git clone http://smarden.org/git/runit.git/

Source: https://www.mail-archive.com/supervision@list.skarnet.org/msg01353.html

G:

* Re: Runit source version control
@ 2020-08-17 19:55   ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2020-08-17 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Supervision

>There is a Git repository, actually:
>
>git clone http://smarden.org/git/runit.git/
>
>Source: https://www.mail-archive.com/supervision@list.skarnet.org/msg01353.html

  Oh, thanks for the archeological find! I had completely forgotten
about it. Sorry.

--
  Laurent

* Re: Runit source version control
       [not found] <CADQ2Nw_s8cZ0CfOHwyqG=R_DCjwR =NBA75rPKkijFX-1qJzSwA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-08-18  3:46 ` Érico Nogueira
From: Érico Nogueira @ 2020-08-18  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillermo, Supervision

On Mon Aug 17, 2020 at 9:46 AM -03, Guillermo wrote:
> El dom., 16 ago. 2020 a las 11:56, Érico Nogueira escribió:
> >
> > I was looking into runit version history, and was wondering if there's
> > anywhere I could access actual version control of its source.
>
> There is a Git repository, actually:
>
> git clone http://smarden.org/git/runit.git/
>
> Source:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/supervision@list.skarnet.org/msg01353.html
>
> G:

That is a great find, thanks! Looks like it's fully up to date :)

Érico