* s6 inotify
@ 2019-12-18 16:47 Raghu
From: Raghu @ 2019-12-18 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

I'm looking for filesystem events similar to systemd.path in s6. My run
script has to execute a binary when file "/tmp/testlog" is present. Can you
please let me know which s6 program will help me achieve this.
Thanks for your time.

--
Thanks
Raghu

* Re: s6 inotify
@ 2019-12-18 20:40 ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2019-12-18 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

>I'm looking for filesystem events similar to systemd.path in s6. My run
>script has to execute a binary when file "/tmp/testlog" is present. Can you
>please let me know which s6 program will help me achieve this.

  Hi Raghu,
  inotify(7) is a Linux extension, so it's not implemented in s6, which
aims to be portable.

  You can find inotify-related utilities in inotify-tools, for instance
(https://github.com/inotify-tools), or inotifyd in busybox
(https://busybox.net/).

--
  Laurent