From: "Laurent Bercot" <ska-supervision@skarnet.org>
To: "supervision@list.skarnet.org" <supervision@list.skarnet.org>
Subject: Re: s6-man-pages update
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 14:55:10 +0000	[thread overview]

>Fair enough. :-) My thought is, to help distros with packaging, i can add tags to the s6-man-pages repo to match the corresponding s6 version on which they were based. So at the completion of this current process, i could add a 2.9.2.0 tag (assuming that the current docs on skarnet.org are from the 2.9.2.0 release). Does that sound reasonable?

  The docs on the website are updated at least at every release, but also
a bit more often: when I have fixes for the documentation, I add them to
the git repo and also to the website. So the website always has the most
up-to-date documentation (barring functionality that has not been
released yet).
  For instance, the current git head, as well as the website docs,
include the fixes to the typos you reported, whereas the v2.9.2.0 git
tag does not include them.

  So I don't know what policy would be best. It would probably be easier
for you to mimic the tags; I can commit to notifying you on git changes
impacting documentation, so you can have a "current" branch mimicking
the state-of-the-art. But it's really up to you, and all in all I think
tags are a good idea. :)

--
  Laurent