* s6-rc-init verbose equivalent messages?
@ 2021-08-19  8:45 Dewayne Geraghty
From: Dewayne Geraghty @ 2021-08-19  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Is there anyway of tracking down the cause of the following fatal failure?
# /usr/local/bin/s6-rc-init -c /s/comp -l /s/run /s/scan
s6-rc-init: fatal: unable to supervise service directories in
/s/run/servicedirs: No such file or directory

I've completed a disk-disk copy, as I need to integrate s6 into
hardenedbsd.  The compile command works:
# /usr/local/bin/s6-rc-compile -v9 /s/comp /usr/local/etc/s6
all good.  But s6-rc-init is stuck, as above.  There are no changes to
the system except IP addresses. I'm baffled!

Regards, Dewayne.

* Re: s6-rc-init verbose equivalent messages?
@ 2021-08-19 17:36 ` Laurent Bercot
From: Laurent Bercot @ 2021-08-19 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dewayne Geraghty, supervision

># /usr/local/bin/s6-rc-init -c /s/comp -l /s/run /s/scan
>s6-rc-init: fatal: unable to supervise service directories in
>/s/run/servicedirs: No such file or directory
>I've completed a disk-disk copy, as I need to integrate s6 into
>hardenedbsd.

  Do you have a s6-svscan process running on /s/scan ? You need one
before you can run s6-rc-init.

  If you have one, please get a strace of s6-rc-init, if you can:
that will tell exactly what's happening. But this error generally
points to a supervision tree that's not set up properly.

--
  Laurent