* What extra logging utilities are needed with s6?
@ 2021-01-20  6:56 Kian Kasad
From: Kian Kasad @ 2021-01-20  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a "dumb" or seemingly obvious question. Logging
and monitoring are definitely my weak points when it comes to
Linux/UNIX.

In terms of logging, what exactly does s6 handle and what do I need to
handle using external programs?
I know s6 (at least how Artix Linux has it set up) will create a
directory under /var/log for each service that emits log output. Because
of this, do I need a syslog daemon like syslog-ng? And do I need a
logrotate program or does s6 handle that?

--
Kian Kasad
PGP 0x1715EEAA14DAEC14