* Problems with tinydns/dnscache at startup
@ 2008-06-24 20:31 Robin Bowes
From: Robin Bowes @ 2008-06-24 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: supervision

Hi,

I've got some problems with tinydns/dnscache running on CentOS under runit.

What seems to happen is that one or other of these services tries to
start before the network is available, and succeeds/fails in such a way
as to make runit believe it is running, but the service is not available.

This has a knock-on effect since my dhcpd server depends on DNS for some
IPs so the dhcpd server fails too!

I need to do some more investigation to determine what the issue is, but
this is a "production" machine so I can't take it up and down too much.

Has any one seen anything like this before?

R.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-06-24 20:31 UTC | newest]