* "sv down foo" => kill -SIGQUIT?
@ 2006-06-03  6:42 Adam Megacz
From: Adam Megacz @ 2006-06-03  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just discovered (or was pointed to) runit.  It rocks.

However, I have one service (OpenAFS's fileserver) that needs to be
sent a SIGQUIT as the way of telling it to shut down gracefully.
Sending a SIGTERM causes it to simply quit immediately, and the next
time it starts up it has to do a sort of psuedo-fsck scan of its
files, which can take around an hour in some cases.

Is there any way to tell runit that this process wants to be sent a
SIGQUIT rather than SIGTERM?  I know about "sv quit foo", but I'm
worried I'll accidentally type "sv down foo".

Thanks,

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380