The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net (Gregg C Levine)
Subject: [pups] Tektronix 8560 with PDP-11/23 CPU running TNIX (UINX)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:32:32 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Only indirectly. That because of the Tek4010 terminals that worked
with the PDP-11 families. There are speculations regarding the whole
hardware collection. Tell you what? Post photos, on notes on it, on
your website, in both English, and your native language, on your
website, and a link here, on this list to it. Also include your
progress. That because I'd love to have the chance to see your
collection.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

On
> Behalf Of Jochen Kunz
> Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 5:17 PM
> To: pups at minnie.tuhs.org
> Subject: [pups] Tektronix 8560 with PDP-11/23 CPU running TNIX
(UINX)

> Hi.
>
> I got a "Tektronix 8560 Multi-User Software Development Unit"
together
> with a Tektronix 8540 in system 68k CPU emulator. The 8560 is based
on
> the DEC M8186 PDP-11/23 CPU module but that card is the one and only
DEC
> part in the machine. Everything else is from Tektronix. There is a
35 MB
> 8" disk and a 8" floppy in the 8560 and it runs some flavor of UNIX
> called TNIX. I am trying to break into it currently, as I have no
> passwords. I can't get it to single user mode and I have no
distribution
> media nor no stand alone tools.
>
> Has someone heared from this machine bevore?
> Has someone distribution media or stand alone tools?
> --
>

> tschüß,
>        Jochen
>
> Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

Sign on Imperial Storm Trooper during the battle of Endor. "Kick me!".