The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] The Tim Shoppa distribution of V6
@ 2002-06-29 16:27 Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2002-06-29 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again from Gregg C Levine
On the FTP site, is a a V6 distribution contributed by Tim Shoppa. It is
created for the PDP-11/23, and there is a good readme.txt file that explains
the different images, and how they got there. However, has anyone actually
gotten the distribution to boot, using a version of Simh? A text file of
commands to be fed to the Simh program would be a great help.
I have mine, built using the MingW compiler, and this is version 2.9-10.
Also, if anyone has gotten it to boot on real hardware, that would a be a
great plus.
Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net
"How many floors does this TARDIS of yours have, anyway?"

* [TUHS] The Tim Shoppa distribution of V6
@ 2002-07-01  8:12 Wolfgang Helbig
From: Wolfgang Helbig @ 2002-07-01  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gregg C Levine:
>gotten the distribution to boot, using a version of Simh? A text file of
>commands to be fed to the Simh program would be a great help.

Here is a transcript:

PDP-11 simulator V2.9-10
sim> set rl0 rl02
sim> show rl0
RL0, 5242KW, not attached, write enabled, RL02
sim> att rl0 unix_v6.rl02
sim> show rl0
RL0, 5242KW, attached to unix_v6.rl02, write enabled, RL02
sim> boot rl0
!unix
unix v6 11/23
mem = 99 KW max = 63
#

Good Luck,

Wolfgang
Gregg C Levine:

       [not found] <200206301209.g5UC9DQ04021@minnie.tuhs.org>
@ 2002-06-30 16:31 ` Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2002-06-30 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Thank you for your kind advice, Warren. However, I have tried most of the
other members of that directory, and yes, it does work. I am curious about
this one, because it appears to be decidely different then say an actual
distribution of V6. I am also looking at the ones that came from the
Research area.
Gregg C Levine drwho8 at worldnet.att.net