The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [pups] Boot_Images and the networking activated version of Simh
@ 2002-11-29  4:11 Gregg C Levine
From: Gregg C Levine @ 2002-11-29  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Just out of curiosity, can the boot images stored in the folders that
are under that name, actually support this new version of Simh? That is
the PDP-11 emulator. What would be necessary to enable that function? It
looks as if one of them, is aware of the device, since I believe the
image was made on a machine which has the appropriate card installed in
it, but after that I'm lost.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

* [pups] Boot_Images and the networking activated version of Simh
@ 2002-11-29 13:47 Fred N. van Kempen
From: Fred N. van Kempen @ 2002-11-29 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

People,

DO note that the Ethernet operations of SimH heavily depend on the proper
workings AND configuration of a Packet Filter driver for your platform,
so, something like BPF, EFILT, NetFLT or WinPCAP (for Win32).  Try running
a test app for that stuff BEFORE trying to run SimH/ENET stuff.. if the
test app works OK, you can start figuring out why SimH/ENET doesn't work
on your system.

I have *three* network cards the drivers of which DO NOT support promisc
mode.  Which obviously results in WinPCAP (they're PCI cards under Win2K)
not functioning properly, and, thus, same for SimH/ENET.

--fred

@ 2002-12-09 10:00 Fred N. van Kempen
From: Fred N. van Kempen @ 2002-12-09 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Warren,

Oh, I see Andru already uploaded it to Minnie as well.. OK..

Thanks, Andru!

--fred